- Unable to add a dynamic parameter to a report.
- Error when attempting to add an existing List of Values to a dynamic parameter.
- When attempting to add a Dynamic Parameter to a report in Crystal Reports, based on an existing List of Values (LOV), it generates the following error:
"Operation Failed: You do not have edit rights on: <Folder Name>"
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- Add a parameter to the report.
- Set the parameter to "Dynamic"
- Select an existing List of Values (LOV) for the parameter.
- When clicking "OK", it fails with the error.
- The error message occurs because the user does not have edit rights on the folder in the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- Add the View, and Edit rights to the user on the Repository, in the Business View Manager:
- Start the Business View Manager.
- Log On to the BusinessObjects Enterprise using an Administrator account.
- If the screen "Welcome to Business View Manager" display, click "Cancel"
- Under the menu "View", select "Repository Explorer"
- In the "Repository Explorer" pane on the right side, right click on the root folder, and select: "Edit Rights..."
- In the "Edit Rights" window, add the User who is unable to create a dynamic parameter.
- Grant the user the rights: View and Edit.
(In the screenshot above, granted the user: User01, the rights to View, and Edit)
- Click "OK"
MDS.DL , 2023804 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020