- Starting the Central Management Server (CMS) fails, after Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) startup the CMS will start but immediately stop
- error_cms log file contains the following:
The root server reported an error Initialization Failure
- The error in the Windows Event Viewer for the BusinessObjects_CMS shows the following error message:
"The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Database access error. Reason [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "CMS_IdNumbers7" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions..)."
ODBC error found: ErrorMessage([Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot find the object "CMS_IdNumbers7" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.), ErrorCode(1088)
- It can be seen in medium / high level CMS traces that just before this error is generated the below statement runs:
ALTER TABLE dbo.CMS_IdNumbers7 ADD <CMS> INT
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
- Linux / Unix
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3
KBA , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.