During an Crystal Reports XI Release 2 installation an error message appears:
"Windows is configuring Crystal Reports"
One cause can be a keycode that is still referring to Crystal Reports XI.
To resolve this do the following:
If you are installing Crystal Reports XI Release 2 on Windows 2003 SP1 or Windows XP SP2, We recommend turning off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) on the machine and then performing the steps mentioned below. See Note 1220422 for more information.
- Log in as the local administrator on the client where the product is being installed.
- Confirm that no anti-virus program or spy ware is running on your machine as those can interfere with the installation process.
- Close Crystal Reports if it is already running.
- Manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI before installing Crystal Reports XI Release 2. Read Note 1218535 for more information.
- Restart the system.
- Login as the local administrator again and repeat step 2.
- Install Crystal Reports XI Release 2.
Upgrading from XI to XI R2 , 572496 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports XI ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2