- Blank lines appears in the CSV file.
- Conditionally suppressed section doesn't work when exporting to CSV from Crystal Reports.
- When exporting a report to CSV format that have a conditional suppression applied to the details section, the conditional suppression is ignored causing the conditionally suppressed section to reserve lines in the CSV file.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Create a conditional suppression for the details section.
- Export the report to CSV format.
- When opening the report, notice the conditionally suppressed section reserved lines in the CSV file generated.
Conditional Suppression of section is unfortunately not supported when exporting to Comma Separated Values format (CSV) from Crystal Reports.
- To workaround this limitation, use one of the following suggestions:
- Export the report to MS Excel format then save it as a CSV file; or
- Add the condition(s) used for the conditional suppression of the section in the Record Selection.
Note: The second suggestion will eliminate the data from coming to the report in the first place. It is not always possible to use this suggestion, as it depends on your conditional suppression evaluation time.
EXPORT LIMITATIONS CSV CONDITIONAL SUPPRESS DETAILS Crystal Reports Export CSV Format section , c2016241 Enhancement Request ADAPT00721865, ADAPT01323505 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem