- Crystal Reports, and Business View Manager, use the BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform SDK when connecting to the server, as well as when opening, modifying, or saving a report.
- The SDK is also used to interact with the BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository and to query the Central Management Server for system and object information.
- If you are having problems connecting to an SAP BusinessObjects BI server from Crystal Reports or Business View Manager, it may be necessary to trace the SDK calls to determine the cause of the failure. How do you trace the SDK calls?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3
- To trace the communication between the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform, and Crystal Reports, or the Business View Manager:
- On the computer, where Crystal Reports, or Business View Manager is installed, set the environment variable and value:
- Environment Variable : BOE_LOGGER_ENVIRONMENT
- Value : -trace -loggingPath c:\sap_logs
- The path c:\logs can point to the directory you want the logs to be created in. If your path contains spaces you will need to use quotes within the value.
For C:\program files\business objects the value would be: -trace -loggingPath "C:\program files\business objects"
- Once this variable is in place, start up the Crystal Reports and logon to either the Repository Explorer or Enterprise Folders from the Open dialog box. A log file will be created in the directory specified in the environment variable, whenever the Enterprise SDK is utilized by that application. The naming convention of the log file will be: businessobjects_DATE_TIME_PID.log
- We recommend removing the environment variable after prforming the trace to eliminate excess log file creation and save disk space.
CR, BVM , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020