- An Xcelsius SWF file is locally stored on a machine or share drive.
- The SWF file contains a connection to Live Office or QaaWS
- Upon opening the file in Internet Explorer, the following error appears: "Error 2170"
- Crystal Xcelsius 4.5
- Xcelsius 2008 (any service pack)
- Adobe Flash Player 7 or higher
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Xcelsius 2008 SWF that connects to QaaWS or Live Office
- Export the SWF as HTML to your desktop
- Open the HTML file from the desktop
- Log in to Xcelsius 2008
- Create an xcelsius 2008 swf based on qwaas
- Open the swf, a Tomcat login screen appears
By default, Adobe Flash Security prohibits locally stored SWFs from accessing external resources to prevent malicious content from being downloaded to your local machine.
Adjust your local Flash Player Security Settings to add your SWF location as a trusted site. The following example describes how you can allow any SWF on your C: drive to access external data:
- Right-click inside the SWF file and choose 'settings'
- Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog will appear.
- Click on 'Advanced' within the Privacy tab
- Your default web browser will launch and take you to Macromedia's Settings Manager
- In the Settings Manager, click on'Global Security Settings Panel'
- Make sure that 'always Allow' is selected
- Click on the dropdown box and choose 'Add Location'
- add: 'C:\' (without the apostrophes)
error 2170; #2170; can't access external data; security sandbox violation; flash security; adobe security, flash, .swf , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem