- Error: "Logon Failed".
- Unable to create report off a Universe based on a Sybase data source in Crystal Reports, it fails with the error: "Logon Failed"
- Universe is based on the Sybase database using Native connection.
- Crystal Reports XI R2
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- Sybase data source.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Universe connecting natively to a Sybase database.
- Create a new Universe connection in Crystal Report.
- Select the objects and click on 'OK'.
- It will fail with the error: "Logon Failed"
- Crystal Reports doesn't support reporting off a Universe based on a Native Sybase connection.
- When reporting off a Universe based on a native connection to Sybase, Crystal Reports will use an ODBC connection to Sybase, therefore an ODBC DSN of the same name as the Sybase server defined in the Universe needs to be created on the client computer, as well as on the BusinessObjects Enterprise server.
- Open the Universe in the Universe Designer, and verify the name of the Sybase server used for the connection.
- On the client computer, install the Sybase ODBC driver.
- Create an ODBC DSN connection to the Sybase database of the same name as the Sybase Server name defined in the Universe.
CR with Sybase. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports XI R2