Error: Failed to open the connection when opening Crystal Report in CMC or Infoview
Reproducing the Issue
Crystal Reports 2008
Business Objects XI3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Crystal Report using Access database.
2. The database is in network drive.
3. Save the report in Enterprise.
4. Open the report in CMC "Error : Failed to open the connection with xxx.rpt"
1. Save the database locally on server machine
2. Create a new database on server and link the new database with the database on Network.
Steps to link the database.
1.Create a new test database on server.
2. Go to File --> Get External Data --> Link tables | Select the database on Network Drive.
3. Select all the tables from the database.
4. Save the Database e.g. Test.mdb.
5. Create an ODBC Connection on server machine, with the same name as on client machine using test.mdb database.
Note: Click on Advanced button, enter the default user id and password for the odbc connection, it is not mandatory to give Login Name and Password, only if the user id and password are given then we need to provide the same user id and password in the CMC database configuration.6. Create a report using this ODBC connection, and save the report to Enterprise.
Failed to open Connection, Crystal Reports, Save to, CMC, Infoview, enterprise. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To