- Specific group of users (report designers) requires only client tools of Crystal Report Server 2008 to be installed on their machines, such as Publishing Wizard.
- The Windows installer for CR Server 2008, has no option to install Server and Client tools separately.
Reproducing the Issue
- Product Version: Crystal Report Server 2008
- Operating System: Windows Server 2003.
- Since the installer does not give option to install 'Client Tools' only , we can install it using the silent install through command line.
- Use the following command at command prompt :- <Path to setup.exe> /qn+ REBOOT=ReallySuppress CLIENTLANGUAGE=EN INSTALLLEVEL=4 INSTALLSWITCH="Client" ADDLOCAL="Clients,PubWiz"
- This will install only 'Publishing Wizard' on the client machine.
Publishing Wizard, Crystal Report Server 2008 , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem
Crystal Reports Server 2008 V0