- In xcelsius 2008 you do not see data coming from qaaws in the embeded excel spreadsheet.
- Data displays fine in preview mode.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a query in qaaws.
- Create a dashboard in xcelsius 2008.
- Go to Data>Connection.
- Select qaaws connection and import the query created in qaaws.
- Select the rows coming from the query and insert in the excel spreadsheet.
- Use spreadsheet table component and bind it with excel cell range where the rows are inserted from qaaws.
- Preview the dashboard and data is displayed fine.
- Exit preview mode and come back to design mode, excel cell range does not show any data.
- Crystal Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 1 Fix Pack 1.
- Query as a Web Service XI release 2.
- Qaaws connection fetches data when the query is refreshed in preview mode and hence no data is displayed in excel in design mode.
- This is a design behaviour of the product and an enhancement request has been raised under ADAPT01191834.
- The Enhancement Request will be reviewed in terms of future product development when considering possible new features in next major release.
- Preview the dashboard.
- Go to File>Snapshot>Current Excel Data.
- Save the .xls file.
- You can see the data coming from qaaws at runtime in this excel file.
QAAWS, Excel, Data , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , How To
SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008