Occasionally on a Citrix server users get Invalid printer from the Print to Printer method in a .NET Win Forms application. Once one user get this error then the rest of the users start recieving on of the following error messages until a reboot:
- The Report Application Server failed
- Load report failed
- The request could not be submitted for background processing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Citrix Server
- Visual Studio 2005 Win Forms application
- Printer connectede to system through a firewalled VPN connection
The cause is currently not known. We tried the following different possibilities and the customer reported that it is working now:
- Turn the "No Printer" option on the report in case the report was looking for the original printer
- Created an application to ping and monitor the printer as the printer was through a firewall and it could be a connection issue.
- Customer also did work on their firewalls and VPN
KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem