- Missing data.
- Data from the subreport missing.
- Columns or rows of data missing when exporting a report that contains a subreport to CSV format from Crystal Reports.
- The data from the subreport appears when the report is exported to different format like PDF or Excel, but it is missing when exported to CSV format.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a subreport to the report.
- Export the report to CSV format.
- When opening the CSV document, note the main report data is exported to CSV, but the subreport data is not exported.
- Subreport is not supported when exporting to CSV format, this is why the data of the subreport is not exported.
- For a list of Crystal Reports supported functionalities by exporting format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1946358
- To workaround this limitation, the suggestion is to export to report to a different format, like MS Excel format, then rename the extension to CSV once the document is generated.
ADAPT 00531937 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020