- The Crystal Reports Designer "remembers" database connections used for report creation.
- Sometimes this list becomes large and there is the need to remove old connections.
- In stand alone versions of Crystal Reports, for data sources that still exist, right click on the name of the data source and select "remove from report".
- Data sources that do not exist anymore need to be removed from the registry.
- Registry path example for Crystal Reports 2008:
HKCU\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Crystal Data Source History
- If using any bundled version of Crystal Reports, only option is to remove the data sources in the registry
- Registry path example for Crystal Reports 10.2 (bundles with VS .NET 2005):
HKCU\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2\Crystal Reports Designer Component\Crystal Data Source History
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , How To