- Error occured when starting the parser.
- Database Connector Error when refreshing a report based off a BEx Query.
- In Crystal Reports, when refreshing a report based off an SAP BW BEx Query, it fails with an error like:
'Database Connector Error: "BAPI Error #:0
Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BW 7.4
- SAP BW 7.5
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "SAP", select "Create New Report from BEx Query"
- Select the SAP BW system and login.
- Select the SAP BW BEx Query.
- Add at least one field on the report.
- When refreshing the report it fails with the error:
"Database Connection Error:'BAPI Error #:0
Error occured when starting the parser: connection to partner <IP Address> broken / CPIC-CALL"
- This is a general error message indicating a problem with the MDX Parser on the SAP BW System.
- MDX Parser errors should be investigated by your SAP BASIS Administrator, and if the SAP BASIS Administrator requires assistance, create an incident under the SAP BW MDX Parser component.
- To help with the MDX Parser error, and gather further details, a suggestion is to use the transaction MDXTEST. Below are the general steps:
- In Crystal Reports:
- Open the report or create a new report based on your SAP MDX Query.
- Under the menu "Database", select "Show SQL Query"
- Copy the displayed MDX query (This MDX query comes from the SAP BW query)
- In SAP GUI:
- Logon to the same SAP BW System
- Type transaction: MDXTEST
- In MDXTEST, execute the MDX Query copied from Crystal Reports.
- Any error displayed in MDXTEST should be investigated by your SAP BASIS Administrators and/or SAP BW support. Until the error in MDXTEST are resolved, Crystal Reports will not be able to successfully access and run the SAP BW BEx Query.
BAPI error, RFC, "Failed to retrieve data from the database", CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020