In the 'Confirmation Update Run', you have defined sorting criteria as ascending order of 'Requested Delivery Date'. But the run is not updating the confirmation of the customer demands in the same order.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to 'Outbound Logistics Control' work center.
2. Select view 'Automated Actions' and sub-view 'Confirmation Update Runs'.
3. Select the run defined by you and click on 'Edit' button.
4. In sorting parameters, you have defined ascending orders for 'Requested Delivery Date'.
5. Go back to 'Outbound Logistics Control' work center and select view 'Customer Demands'.
6. Select 'Release Overdue' from 'Show' drop down and click on 'Go' button.
Let us say, there are two customer demands with 'Request Delivery Date' as 01-01-2010 and 03-01-2010. So the run should have updated the confirmation for the first customer demand. But after running the run, it has updated the confirmation for the second demand.
In the selection criteria of the run, you have selected check-box 'Consider only Products with ATP Relevant Changes' under 'Net Run Change' tab. If this flag is set, then the confirmation run selects only customer demands for those products, for which the 'Available-To-Promise' (ATP) situation has changed after the last confirmation update run. ATP situation changes, if for example the stock of the corresponding product changes or if a new sales order is entered.
In this case, ATP status of the product corresponding to customer demand with 'Requested Delivery Date' as 01-01-2010, was not changed after the last run. So all the future runs will not select this demand until the ATP status changes. That is why the confirmation of this demand was not being updated.
You can select either of the two options mentioned below:
1. In the defination of the run, de-select the flag 'Consider only Products with ATP Relevant Changes' and activate the run again.
Note: This option can lead to a high number of selected items and long runtimes. So, if you schedule this run on a regular basis, then it may lead to long run times and may cause system performance issue.
2. Change the ATP situation of the relevant product. This can be done by:
- Enter a new sales order for the product.
- Change an existing sales order for the product.
- Change the stock level of the product.
KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , How To