- Blank column(s) in Excel.
- When exporting a report to MS Excel Data-Only, results in conditionally suppressed column to be displayed as blank column.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Add a couple of columns, for example: 4
- Conditonally suppress the columns based on some conditions.
- Export the report to MS Excel - Data-Only
- In MS Excel, when opening the generated spreadsheet, notice it display the blank column, when a column was conditionally suppressed.
- When exporting to MS Excel, the columns and rows are determined by the position of the object on the report design.
- Regardless the column is displaying, or not, the object still exist on the report design, and will be reserving a column for it.
- This is expected behavior, when exporting a report to MS Excel.
- There is no option in Crystal Reports that will remove conditionally suppressed columns from being exported to MS Excel.
CR, Excel Data only,conditionally suppressed columns,blank columns. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1