- Multi homed machine (multiple NIC cards)
- Log into Enterprise works fine.
- Browsing and opening reports works fine.
- Saving a report to Enterprise fails with Crystal Reports crash.
- May result in a memory error.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 3.1
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report.
- Save the report to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise repository.
- CMS and Enterprise servers will automatically bind to the main nic card (first in order), unless manually set in CMC Server properties
- Auto-assigned binding can result in the use of a nic card that might have firewall or other communication problems
- Bind the CMS and other servers to the ip address of the nic card that you want to use
- For this particular crash, setting the static ipaddress of the proper nic in the CMS, the input and output file repository servers, resolves the issue
- See the Administrator's Guide section on Troubleshooting Multi-homed machines
memory error, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1