You enter a sales and use tax entry manually in the system, and post it in period XXX. Later on, when you execute a Sales and Use Tax Return run of the same period, the generated tax return didn't include this manual entry.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management work center, and choose the Manual Tax Entries view.
- Select the Sales and Use Tax Entries subview.
- Choose New Tax Entry.
- Enter the necessary data, and set the Posting Date to a date in period XXX.
- Choose Post, and the tax entry XYZ is created.
- Then go to the Periodic Tasks view, and choose the Sales and Use Tax Return Runs.
- Choose New Tax Return Run.
- In the Selection Criteria section, specify the Tax Return Arrangement ID.
- Set the From and To, and make sure it follows into the period XXX.
- Choose Save and Close.
- Then choose Set to Active.
- Select this run, and you can see the generated Tax Return ID ABC.
- Check the details of this tax return ABC, and you cannot find the manual tax entry in the list.
When creating the manual tax entry, by default, the system takes the current date as the Tax Due Date of the items, because you don't change the tax due date in your manual tax entry XYZ, and leave it with a date that is in period XXX+1, so the tax return run for period XXX doesn't take this manual tax entry into consideration.
The manual tax entry XYZ will be included in the tax return generated from the tax return run of period XXX+1 .
KBA , manual tax entry , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To