- Xcelsius 2008 crashes to desktop upon generating the SWF.
- No error message is displayed.
Xcelsius 2008 and all related Service Packs and Fix Packs.
Reproducing the Issue
- Import an spreadsheet containing a range of around 500 rows by 20 columns, each cell containing a formula using an IF array, a VLOOKUP or INDEX and MATCH functions, into the dashboard.
- Create your dashboard using any component, mapping all components to a range in the spreadsheet.
- Preview the dashboard.
- Xcelsius 2008 will crash to desktop, no error message being displayed.
The range contains an excessive amount of formulae. This causes Adobe Flash Player to use up over 1.8 Gigabytes of memory (i.e. the maximum limit allowed for 32-bit applications), thus crashing Xcelsius 2008.
- Xcelsius 2008 should not be used for heavy calculations.
- IF arrays, VLOOKUP, INDEX and MATCH are an example of functions consuming a large amount of memory.
- If external data connections (e.g. Query as a Web Service, SAP BW) are used, push the calculations back to database level where possible.
- It has been observed that version 9.x of Adobe Flash Player provides better memory management than version 10.x, however the application might still crash should a large amount of formulae be present.
Dashboard, XLF, X2008, 5.0, hangs. , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem