After a payment run is executed, some payment proposals for suppliers are generated, out of which one payment proposal to employee has error message. The error message is: Payment method or bank not available; Payment details must be determined.
This issue is specific to customers in UK.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payables work center, select the Automatic Payments view.
- Show All Payment Proposals, and then select payment ID XYZ.
- Choose Edit.
- You can see that under the Payment Information section, the Payment Method is proposed as Bank Transfer, but the Bank Account ID is blank.
- You can also see the error message at the bottom of the screen: Payment method or bank not available; Payment details must be determined.
The payment method Bank Transfer is correctly proposed, which should allow the payment format of Domestic bank transfer. In the master data of the desired bank ABC, the payment format UK BACS Domestic Payment is provided, which should be the correct solution, however, the mandatory field for the payment format UK BACS Domestic Payment, National Bank Code, is missing, so the system gives error message: Payment method or bank not available; Payment details must be determined.
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center, and choose the Master Data view.
- Select the Bank Directory subview.
- Select the Bank ID ABC, and then Edit.
- Maintain the National Bank Code, and then Save.
- After that, edit the payment ID XYZ.
- In the Bank Account ID field, select the desired bank account of bank ABC.
The Execute Payment button should be available for you to choose.
KBA , payment details , payment proposal , payment method missing , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To