- Create a ODBC/OLEDB 64 bit connection
- Able to refresh the Crystal Report from CR 2011 designer.
- Publish the report in Crystal Report Server 2011 , gives error
The viewer could not process the event, the database information is either incomplete or incorrect.[CRWEB00000119]
- Crystal Reports Server 2011(4.0 Sp02)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Tomcat Application server
- MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting database
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an 64 bit ODBC Data Source Name(DSN) on the BOE server.
- Open a Crystal Report in CR 2011 designer.
- Set the data source connection.
- View and Refresh the report in designer.
- Save the report in enterprise.
- Browse to the report in CMC and view it.
- The report gives error.
- Repeat the same steps for OLEDB connection.
- The ODBC/OLEDB 32 bit connection was not created as the reporting database is installed on 32 bit server operating system
- On the BOE server browse to the location C:/windows/syswow64/odbcad32.exe
- Launch the odbcad32.exe.
- Click on the system tab.
- Add the new system DSN.
For the 32 bit OLEDB connection.
- Open the Internet Explorer (32 bit) on the Server .
- Browse to C:/Windows/syswow64/
- Paste the .udl file on the above location
- Once the above necessary connections are created , the reports are successfully viewed in CMC/BILaunchpad
NOTE: .udl file is the connection file to create OLEDB connection
CRWEB00000119 , ODBC , Crystal reports , BI launchpad, 4.0 , KBA , BI-BIP-CRS , SAP Crystal Server , Problem
SAP Crystal Server 2011, feature pack 3