- A Crystal report .NET web application to view a report fails on web server with below error.
Error: "Failed to load the database information."
- Application works fine in the development environment.
- Visual Studio 2010
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 SP2
- Crystal Reports 2011
- Reports are originally designed in Crystal Reports 2011 designer.
- Reports connect to SAP BW BEX query using BAPI connector.
- .NET framework 4.0
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 SP2 MSI
- The application could not connect to the SAP connector and thus is not able to connect to the SAP BW BEX query.
- The supported platforms guide for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 does not list any BAPI or SAP connectors.
- The reason why the application works fine in the development environment, is possibly because Crystal Reports 2011 has already established the connection with SAP BW and the same is being used by the application but this is not the same case on web server, however the actual cause could not be determined.
sap .net, bw .net, BEX.net , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio