When adding service item into the sales order, you get the error messages as following and not able to release the order.
Error1: Labor resource not available for service performer.
Error2: Labor resource not valid for service performer/execution team.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Click New button to create a new sales order, maintain the basic data and go to Items tab.
- Enter the service item, ensure that the item type is Service - fixed price without actuals. This item type requires the labor resource as mandatory.
- Service Performer ABC is fulfilled but there is no labor resource determined, then you manually put a labor resource, the error messages raises up. (ABC repents the ID of the service performer)
Error1: Labor resource not available for service performer ABC.
Error2: Labor resource ** not valid for service performer/execution team.
The service performer ABC belongs to cost center XXX and assigned to job YYY. (XXX represents the ID of cost center and YYY represents the ID of a job)
However, there is no labor resource created with the Cost Center and Job assignment, therefore, the error is triggered.
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Choose the Resources view.
- Select the Resources sub-view.
- Click New to create a new labor resources.
- Maintain the basic information in the General tab, go to the Valuation tab.
- in the Cost Center Assignment table, click Add Row, enter the validity period and maintain Cost Center as XXX.
- In the Job Assignment table, click Add Row, enter the validity period and maintain the Job as YYY.
- Save and change status to Active.
Afterwards, when adding the service item into the sales order, labor resource could be determined automatically for service performer ABC.
Labor Resource; Labour Resoure; Job; missing; , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To