In SAP Business ByDesign, setting an org unit as a company automatically generates a corresponding business partner.
You have created your organizational structure and activated it, but noticed that for some companies, the business partner ID is the same as the org unit's ID, while for others, it is different.
SAP Business ByDesign
For companies, the corresponding business partner ID is determined as below:
- If the business partner ID is provided in the Internal Business Partner ID field of the org unit, then upon activation, that ID will be used.
- If there is no business partner ID specified, then the org unit ID will be taken, as long as the org unit ID's length is ≤ 10 characters.
- If the org unit ID's length is larger than 10 characters, then the business partner ID will be taken from the Internal automatic number range maintained in the General Business Partners fine-tuning activity of the Business Configuration.
The Business Partner ID cannot be changed afterwards.
The system works as designed.
To specify the business partner ID directly in the org unit, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Access the Edit Org Structures view under Common Tasks.
- Select the org unit which you would like to set as a company.
- Go to the General tab.
- Click the External Business Identifiers link.
- Here, you can enter the Internal Business Partner ID.
Org Unit ID, Business Partner ID, Company, Different, Internal Business Partner ID , KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To