You change the Additional Entry Days from the default 15 days to 20 days, for example, but the change does not take effect.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center, and choose the Master Data view.
- Select the Companies view.
- Select the Company ID and Set of Books, and then choose Set Additional Entry Days under Actions.
- Change the Additional Entry Days from the default 15 days to 20, for example, and then click OK.
- Choose Open and Close Periods.
- You then move on to check process control of those Not Blocked periods, and you can see the Entry Possible Until date is still 15 days after the end of the period.
- You also try to select one Not Blocked period, and change the First Allowed or Last Allowed step to make sure 10 - Operational Posting is not included.
- After that, you directly change them back and make sure 10 - Operational Posting is included again.
- But the Additional Entry Days in the newly created process control are still 15 days.
If you open an accounting period with the closing step 10 — Operational Postings, the system automatically creates an entry in the process control with the updated additional entry days. If you close the accounting period, the entry is automatically deleted. However, the updated additional days will not be reflected in the already opened periods, so the additional entry days in these open periods remain as 15 days.
In order for the new Additional Entry Days to take effect in the already opened periods, follow the steps below after you change the Additional Entry Days:
- Go to the General Ledger work center, and choose Open and Close Periods.
- Select the combination of Company ID and Set of Books, for which you change the Additional Entry Days.
- Select one Not Blocked period, do a dummy change, and then revert the change:The updated Additional Entry Days should be reflected in the Entry Possible Until field of the process control of this period.
- For example, change the First Allowed Step to 015 - Late Operational Posting, and make sure the step 10 - Operational Posting is not included.
- Save it.
- After that, change it back to 010 - Operational Posting, and then press ENTER.
- The update Additional Entry Days are reflected in the Entry Possible Until field of the process control of this period.
KBA , process lock , closing step , additional entry days , operational posting , process control , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To