In a Crystal reports .NET SDK web application, when report prompts for a parameter value the prompt does not have a 'Cancel' button.
- Visual Studio 2010 / Visual Studio 2008
- Crystal Reports 2008 / Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
• The absence of the cancel button on the CR web viewer parameter prompt is not a bug but a by design behavior.
• The reason being the Crystal workflow requires a value to be provided to the parameters through the prompt.
• When a user refreshes / views a report in the web form viewer, internally the earlier print job gets cancelled and a new print job is created which requires a parameter value to view the report.
• In this scenario if the cancel button existed, it would have produced a blank report or probably an error message.
• As this is not a bug but a by design behavior, it will not be changed / corrected in any recent releases.