How to pass value to BEx query variable from Xcelsius
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboard 4.0
- Sap Netweaver 7.0 EHP01
Here's the way to implement passing value to BEx query variable from Xcelsius via Query as a Web Service.
- Create an BEx query which includes optional variable.(For example, vartest...)
- Log on Universe Design Tool. (.unx type universe is not supported in Qaaws, so it's necessary to create .unv type universe)
- Create universe [testunv] base on above BEx query. Save and export to repository.
- Log on Query as a Web Service and create an web service with above universe [testunv].
- Open Xcelsius and create a Web service query (Query as a Web Service) using URL generated on step 4.
- Import the URL and bind the variable into excel cell as input value.
- Bind the rows to some excel cells as output value.
- Then open Usage tab, check Refresh Before Components Are Loaded.
- Bind the Trigger Cell to the input value cell on step 6. Close.
- Drag a List View to Canvas and bind the Display data to the output value cells on step 7.
- Drag an Input text to Canvas and bind Data Insertion to input value cell on step 6.
- Preview and input value into Input text box.
=> Corresponding data displayed after inputting different value.
------Screen capture attached for reference-------
Qaaws, param, bw, transaction, failed, cannot refresh, trigger, BI, BO, 4.0 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0