Due to the complexity of some SAP delivered Analytics content, not all Data Sources and the Objects they include are available to key Users for Analytics to create Key Figures, Data Sources and Reports.
Available SAP delivered Analytics content may be defined using non-available objects. This means that Key Users for Analytics may not be able to rebuild objects. The main reason why an available object cannot be rebuilt is because it is defined using a characteristic in a data source that is not available. The non-available characteristic is used either to restrict a key figure or report or is used to define a variable.
SAP Business byDesign
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
The below scenario may occur. For example:
- The key user for Analytics wants to copy a report. When the copied report appears in the Report Wizard, an error message is displayed, stating that an object cannot be used and it is removed from the report. It is often a non-available characteristic that is intended for SAP purposes only.
- The key user for Analytics wants to create a new report based on an existing data source. When you select the desired data source in the Report Wizard you noticed that some Characteristics or Key Figures are not available however when you check an SAP standard report, based on this Data Source you can see such characteristic. Most likely it is an internal SAP only object which is hard coded and in this case available only for that specific SAP standard report.
- The Actual Revenue key figure.
- This calculated key figure is based on a key figure that is not available since it is restricted by a characteristic in a data source that is not available. It is also restricted by multiple Subledger account line item types and a business transaction type.
- This restricted key figure is based on the Amount Company Currency key figure that is restricted by a characteristic in a data source that is not available and by a Subledger account charge type.
- This Characteristic Hierarchy is in a restriction object and has no restriction for the hierarchy has to be made to the Data Source at all and it is only there for hierarchy purposes. When the virtual Data source (SAP Internal Data Source - Not available for Key Users) is done and returns the data, there are no hierarchy values in it.
The attached list provides an overview of delivered content that involves non-available objects.
Duplicates in the lists indicate that multiple objects in the specified object are not available. This is often the case for key figure structures.
For example, FININVU05_STR_02 is listed multiple times because multiple objects in the key figure structure are not available.
Note that for some objects no name is available. This is often the case for restriction objects (objects that have _ROB_ in the technical ID). Restriction objects are internal SAP only objects that contain restricted characteristics that are reused across multiple objects; they do they appear on the user interface but are listed since they influence the content that a key user for Analytics might want to create or rebuild. Even though restriction objects may be built by SAP using available objects, they are still only SAP internal objects.
To view the technical ID of the objects, personalize the corresponding screens on the user interface to show the ID.
NOTE: The attached objects list is based on release 1308 however most of the objects will apply to previous versions as well.
Anlytic content, data source copy, nor possible, rebuild , KBA , key figure , restricted , report , not available , custom , combined , join , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To