When upload some Materials in the system using MS Excel, excel throws below error message:
UoM XYZ not valid; it is not released
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Select New button and choose New Material from Microsoft Excel.
- Logon to the Excel (Business ByDesign Excel add-in)
- Update the Material details in the excel.
- Select Save data to.
There are two possible causes for this issue,
- The UoM entered by you in the excel is not a valid symbol (ex: Typo error).
- The UoM entered by you was created in the system but in Blocked status
Verify whether the UoM symbol entered by you is as same as the one which is available in the system.
To check, whether status of the UoM, follow the below steps:
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Search for the fine tuning activity Quantities and Units of Measure under Business Configuration Search.
3. Select Create and Maintain Trading Units.
4. Show Blocked.
5. Search for UoM XYZ.
You can see the Activation Status of the respective UoM.
If you want to use this UoM for the Material, then the status of the UoM should be reverted to Active.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To