SAP Knowledge Base Article - Public

1721933 - Is it Possible to Replace the Business Partner Used in a Completed Transactional Process Documents With Another Business Partner?


You have many Transactional Process Documents like Sales Order, Purchase Order and Financial documents which had used the Business Partner XYZ and all the documents are in completed status. Now, you have requirement to replace the Business Partner XYZ to ABC. you would like to know, whether it is possible to replace the Business Partner?


If you have created any business transaction document from a Business Partner, then it is not possible to replace the Business partner with another one. Also it is not possible to move those documents to a new Business Partner.

Instead, you can block/obsolete the existing Business Partner and use the new Business partner for the documents that you are created newly.

To block a Business Partner, follow the below steps:

  1. Go to Business Partner data work center.
  2. Select Business Partners view.
  3. Highlight the Business Partner.
  4. Select Change Status button and choose Block/Obsolete.

Note: It is not possible to block a business partner, if it is created for a Company which is in Active status.


KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To


SAP Business ByDesign all versions