- Missing records.
- Not all the data are exported to MS Excel.
- When exporting a report that contains a large number of records from Crystal Reports to MS Excel, it only export up to 65,000 rows.
- How to export a report with more than 65,535 rows and 255 columns from Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.3
- SAP Crystal Reports for Eclipse 2.0
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source that returns more than 65,000 rows.
- Export the report to MS Excel 97-2003
- When opening the exported document in MS Excel, it only display around 65,000 rows.
- Crystal Reports export to MS Excel 2003 format.
- MS Excel 2003 format as a limit of 65,535 rows and 255 columns.
- From MS Excel 2007 and above, Microsoft increased the limit of rows and columns to for the new excel file format (XLSX) to:
- Rows : 1,048,576
- Columns : 16,385
- To export more than 65,000 rows, export to MS Excel (XLSX) format:
- Export to: "Microsoft Excel Workbook Data-Only", in:
- Crystal Reports 2013
- Crystal Reports 2016
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- Export to: "Microsoft Excel - Data Only (XLSX)", or "Microsoft Excel (XLSX)", in:
- Crystal Reports 2020
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.3
- Note: There is no option from Crystal Reports for Eclipse to export to MS Excel 2007 format and above.
JRC, export, excel 2007 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports, version for Eclipse 2.0 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020