After following the instructions in KBA 1266912 to deploy a Visual Studio .NET Crystal Reports UFL one of the following errors occurs:
- Error in formula the ) is missing.
- System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041019): The ) is missing.
- Formula functions defined in the UFL do not appear in the Crystal Reports designer.
- Error in file C:\DOCUME~1\temp<guid>.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing.
- Windows 7 x64
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- Follow steps in KBA 1266912 to register the UFL.
- Try and run a report with the registered UFL in a custom application or through enterprise.
- Try and use the UFL in the Crystal Reports designer.
If a Crystal Reports UFLs created in Visual Studio .NET has a dependency that needs to be loaded from their own specific directory, those dependencies will not be found and loaded by Crystal Reports.
- Place UFL's and its dependencies into the same directory.
- GAC the dll as follows:
a) Copy the UFL dll into The correct bin directory. For Crystal Reports 2008, this is C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86
b) At the .NET command prompt type; gacutil -i "C:\<path to your UFL>"
This should result in the message; "Assembly successfully added to the cache."
- Run REGASM from the command prompt:
Type regasm codebase "C:\<path to your UFL>"
1266912 - How to deploy Crystal Reports UFL created in Visual Studio .NET
User, Function, Library, custom, dll, formula , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , BI-BIP-PUB , Publishing and scheduling in InfoView/BI launch pad , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio