Wrong tax jurisdiction code has been selected in the customer invoice.
Reproducing the Issue
Follow the steps below to reproduce the issue:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Show All Documents and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Click the Edit buttin of the selected Invoice.
- Click on the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab and select the Taxes subtab.
- The tax jurisdiction code DEF is picked instead of ABC (ABC & DEF represents the tax jurisdiction codes).
You have maintained a CompanyTaxArrangement for jurisdiction code ABC recently, however, you have previously maintained the DEF jurisdiction code. For this reason a TaxNumber for DEF was found & the TaxCode was defaulted to XXX.
ABC represents the the current jurisdiction code maintained in the CompanyTaxArrangement.
DEF represents the older jurisdiction code maintained in the CompanyTaxArrangement.
XXX represents the tax number for the jurisdiction code ABC.
You can check the creation & change of the Tax Arrangement by following below steps:
- Go to the Tax Management work center.
- Go to the Tax Authority view.
- Search for the jurisdiction code ABC.
- Select the Company Tax Arrangement under the tax authority ABC.
- You can find that the Tax Arrangement creation & change date here.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign, the system is picking the tax jursdiction code & the tax number as per the company tax arrangement maintained.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To