Error occurs in the File Input Runs for the customer invoice requests.
Reproducing the Issue
Follow the steps below to reproduce the issue:
- Go to Application and User Management workcenter.
- Go to File Input view.
- Select the Execution Details tab.
- At Show field, select the option Last 100 Logs.
- Open the application log XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the application log).
- Select the Results tab.
- Error appears: Length of unit exceeds maximum length "3", specified with maxLength while converting XML to data type for document.
Follow the steps below to check if the invoice requests are created for the File Input Runs:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Show Inconsistent Documents and Find ABC (ABC represents the external invoice request).
- You can find the invoice requests created for the file input run are in erroneous status.
- Following error messages appear:
- Mandatory List Price missing.
- Error during product specific quantity conversion.
- Combination of product and quantity unit does not exist.
In the Invoice Requests all errors are from Quantity Type Code and the List Price because:
- You have not maintained the List Price of the products in the excel template which is mandetory.
- Though you have entered a valid Quantity Type Code but the UoM you have entered is not correct (UoM represents Unit of Measure).
When you create the excel and convert it into XML, please make sure that you enter the List Price for each item and correct UoM of the product in the excel.
Also, if you want to enter other UoM for the Product you should maintain the Quantity conversion in the product itself.
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio workcenter.
- Go to the Products view.
- Edit the Product.
- Add the Quantity Conversion.
- Save the changes.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , AP-CI-CIR , Customer Invoice Request , How To