When viewing a report in the Visual Studio .NET WPF viewer the viewer just displays completely black.
- Windows 7
- VMWare ESX 4.0
- Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- In Visual Studio create a new Windows WPF application.
- Add the Crystal Reports WPF control to the form.
- In code set the ReportSource property of the viewer to your report.
- In the project properties check to see that the target profile is ".NET Framework X Client Profile" and not ".NET Framework X", where X is the framework version.
- Run the project and view the report.
The completely black viewer control is caused by the application's framework target set to be the Framework Client Profile.
In the project's properties change the target profile from ".NET Client Framework X" to ".NET Framework X" where X is the version of the framework being used.
1605722 - Deployed CRVS2010 WPF application produces an error: The process terminated due to an unhandled exception
1547102 - Warnings when compiling an application in Visual Studio 2010 that uses Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 assemblies
1529493 - CrystalReportViewer control in toolbox of VS2010 is inactive.
blank, viewer, client, profile, WPF, Framework, VS, VS.NET , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem