You are trying to create a Purchase Order with Product Description which is more than 40 characters. But you are unable to save it as you get error message: Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 40 characters.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Select New button and choose Purchase Order.
- Fill all the mandatory fields.
- Click the tab View All and go to tab Items.
- Add an item by clicking Add Row.
- Below the the section Item Details, go to the tab Basic Data.
- In the Product Description field, enter more than 40 characters and click Save.
You will get the error message: Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 40 characters.
Currently this is not possible to have Purchase Orders with Product Description which is more than 40 characters.
We suggest you to make a meaningful abbreviation or consider using a more generic Product Description, with less than 40 characters.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions