You are creating a supplier invoice and entered Product Details in the Items tab. When the Product ID is entered, the system is not able to automatically pick the Account Assignment Type value and gives an error message Item 1: Account assignment data missing for item 1.1; see Cost Distribution.
You are looking for Business Configuration settings to fill Account Assignment Type automatically when Product ID is entered.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing Work Center.
- Under the Common Tasks select New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- Fill all mandatory details and enter the Product Id.
- Account Assignment Type value is not filled automatically.
- Select the Save or Check button.
- An error message appears Item 1: Account assignment data missing for item 1.1; see Cost Distribution.
As per current system behavior Account Assignment Type cannot be configured for a specific Product ID. The functionality will be available in the future releases of SAP ByDesign.
Supplier Invoice, Account Assignment Type, Account assignment data missing for item. , KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To