- Values that are left blank or unspecified (e.g. shown as <Not Specified> in cells) for customer exit variables utilized in Xcelsius, Live Office via Webi reports, throw "getDocumentInformation error (WIS 10901)."
- When expanded, error details show "Failed to execute MDX query. Reason: Invalid MDX Command..."
- There is no input value specified by the user for the optional prompt in Webi, and no default value defined in the customer exit.
- SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 5 (SP5)
- SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Service Pack 5 (SP5)
- SAP NetWeaver / BW 7.0 Enhancement Package 1
Reproducing the Issue
1. Import a new WebI report based on Bex query and mapped the data into the Excel sheet.
2. Then map the Prompt value to the Excel sheet with a dropdown menu.
3. When selecting a prompt value from the menu e.g. <GE-500> values are shown correctly.
4. However when no value selected e.g. <Not Specified> it shows the error message.
The optional prompt and customer exit variable are returning data which is in incorrect format for the MDX query. From Xcelsius, the user leaves the variable value at <Not Specified> which is sent as an empty value.
When sent back as input for the MDX query, the customer exit is formatted with data with incorrect syntax for the query causing the MDDataSetBW.SelectData to fail. This results in no data being sent back to the XCelsius dashboard, thus throwing the getDocumentInformation WIS10901 error.
See below for additional information on assigning default values (from SAP note 1611185)
"To get the possible dimensions / attributes in the query Panel, the BEx Query needs to get instantiated. For this step mandatory variables with no default values are filled automatically by the system with random values. In certain situation the automatic assignment of default values will fail (e.g. Check routine implemented in customer exit variables). Please refer also to note 1436769 for a comprehensive list of problems."
Define a default value for the customer exit variable in BEx query as outlined above.
KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem