A Dashboard model is based off XML data from a website.
How do I configure Excel XML Maps as the data source?
Configuring Excel XML Maps
Obtain the XML from the web.
- Close the Xcelsius application.
- Open the xml web page in a browser.
- Save as xml.
- Close browser.
Add XML to Excel spreadsheet
- Open Excel
- Click on the “Data” tab in Excel
- Click on “From Other Sources” dropdown arrow and select “From XML Data Import”
- Navigate to the downloaded xml file and select open.
- Import data to a single cell in the Excel sheet.
- Save as XLSX file
- Exit Excel.
Import the spreadsheet data
- Open the Dashboard Design tool (Xcelsius)
- Click on DATA tab and select “Import”
- Navigate to and select the xlsx file that was saved.
Add the connection
- Click on the DATA tab and select Connections.
- Click ADD and select Excel XML Map.
- Wait for the connection to be populated.
- Click on the connection and supply the URL.
- Set any Usage settings as required.
- Click Close
Add components and map to cells needed in the spreadsheet area.
Xcelsius is not a reporting tool. It is best to use the product for final summary charts etc.
"Excel XML MAP" Dashboard Xcelsius XML , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem