- Slow response times on PCM model
- Model freezes
- System crashes
- PCM stops working
- Users are not able to log into PCM
- Users are not able to open a model
- Additional users are not able to log in at busy times
- Resource Driver Split values take longer than expected to display in View Builder.
- Multiple users are not able to import data using Data Bridge into the same model simultaneously and independently view the respective areas data in a grid view.
- Using the PCM monitor the user with Admin rights are not able to log users off the PCM application. The function is performed but no response from PCM.
- Model recalculates frequently which prevents users from logging in to PCM or using the model
- The model takes an hour or more to fully calculate, and once it finishes calculating it immediately kicks off another model calculation even though there have been no changes to structure/rules/grids.
- Additionally, even though the model has fully calculated the majority of grids still don’t have values against them and when they are opened the models say stay in the “collecting data” state.
- 100% CPU usage by PCMModel.exe
The above mentioned problems happen especially over the month end period where all PCM users need to calculate their respective PCM models. These problems can happen during any part of the day.
- SAP BusinessObjects Profitability and Cost Management 10 onwards including Support Packages (SAP EPM PCM)
SAP Profitability and Cost Management all versions
month-end, busy period; reporting, rules, cogs, hang, hanging, freeze, freezes, hangs, process, sequence, quarter-end, quarter, year-end, end year, period, PCM performance , KBA , EPM-PCM , Profitability and Cost Management, EPO, PP, AA, Metify , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.