While processing your Sales Order, you receive the following error message : Party with role Sales Unit does not belong to seller company XYZ in an Intercompany Scenario. This is relevant for A2A and B2B scenarios.
XYZ represents the seller company name.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- Go to the Sales Order view.
- Edit Sales Order ABC (ABC represents the identification of the Sales Order).
The following message is triggered :
Party with role Sales Unit does not belong to seller company XYZ.
The message Party with role Sales Unit does not belong to seller company XYZ is raised as the sales unit is not within the seller company.
In this case you have the following possibilities:
A) Change the determination, so that a sales unit is found, which fits to your selling company.
A rule should be maintained in the system as following :
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Work Distribution view.
- Edit the relevant Sales Unit for Sales.
- Add the Selling Company XYZ in the field Company.
- Enter the responsible Sales Unit.
B) In case you need to fix the issue for only this sales order, you can change Sales Unit manually to a Sales Unit from the seller company.
KBA 1435095 - How to Determine Sales Unit in a Sales Order
For detailed information on the Party Role Determination you can find the following Blog: Party Role Determination in a Sales Document
Intercompany; Seller; Party; Unit; Organization; Org Unit , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To