You created a goods and services receipt (GSR) for a purchase order however the system sent it for approval.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders to Be Delivered view.
- Select Show by Documents and select the relevant Purchase Order.
- Select the button New Goods and Services Receipt.
- Fill the mandatory details and select Post.
- System sent the new GSR for approval.
If the over-delivery tolerance of the purchase order is exceeded by the goods and services receipt (GSR), the system creates a task to approve the goods and services receipt to the employee responsible of the cost center or project of each item.
For Example: You created a Purchase Order for 10 EA and two Goods and Services Receipts have been created for quantity 12 EA. As the purchase order quantity is exceeded, system sent GSR for approval.
There is no activity/chance to maintain threshold values for extra delivered quantity via Business Configuration work center. As a workaround you can maintain Over/Under-Delivery Tolerances in the purchase order for each line item. You can enter a value as a percentage by which the delivered quantity can exceed the ordered quantity and still be accepted by the system. In such business cases, the system will not create approval tasks for Goods and Service Receipts.
- Go to the Purchase Order work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view and select the relevant Purchase Order.
- Go to the Items tab and navigate to Basic Data sub-tab.
- Under Settings field you will find Over/Under-Delivery Tolerance checkboxes.
- Maintain tolerances in terms of Percentage before you Order.
KBA , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , How To