A sales order cancellation from sales order screen is not possible if items have their delivery status as In-Process or Finished.
Cancellation of such items or Sales order is possible only if delivery status is 'Not started'.(For Items with reference to project, please refer to 2644606).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Sales Order with Item type material.
- Release sales order and release corresponding outbound delivery request/delivery.
- Come back to Sales order and try to cancel the item, it will not be possible to cancel the item.
Once delivery status of the item is 'In-process' or 'Finished', cancellation of the item is not possible in the Sales Order screen.
|Sales Order Items||Not Started||The cancellation can be done in the Sales Order Screen.|
|Sales Order Items||In Process||The cancellation can be done in the Sales Order Screen and should also be done in the outbound logistic work center.|
|Sales Order Items||Finished||The cancellation cannot be done in the Sales Order Screen. It should be done in the outbound logistic work center.|
In order to cancel such Items/Sales order, you should follow the following steps:
- If only an Outbound Request is created but not released: Click on reject outbound delivery request in work center outbound logistics control and then the item in the Sales Order will become editable, choose reason for rejection in Sales Order Item tab.
- If the Outbound Delivery is created and also released:
a) Go to Outbound Logistics control work center and click on undo release button on the outbound delivery.
b) Then go to Monitoring view(work center outbound logistics) , Query by warehouse order - here give the sales order id.
c) Edit the warehouse order ID & then click on adjust confirmation here enable entry for the item for which quantity needs to be changed, for example: if fulfilled quantity = 5 ,then enter quantity difference as -5 .save & close.
d) Then click on cancel action on the outbound delivery.
e) Press Save button to save your changes
f) Go to Sales Order work center, Sales Order view
g) Edit the Sales Order, go to Items Tab
h) Set the 'Reason for Rejection' to cancel the Sales Order Item
i) Press Save button to save your changes.
Sales order, cancel, cancellation, cancellation, greyed out, grayed out, item, delivery status, finished, edit, commande d'achat, annulation, impossible, non modifiable, , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To