You try to upload journal entry voucher from Microsoft Excel, when you click Save Data to in the excel template, the system gives error messages:
For gen. ledger purposes, at least one debit and credit line required;
Line items do not balance; correct the difference amount;
Action Post not possible; action is disabled.
But you are sure the line items are balanced.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries view
- Go to Journal Entry Vouchers subview.
- Create new voucher from excel as New ->Journal Entry Voucher from Microsoft Excel.
- Select the Save data button in the Excel add-in.
You get the error messages mentioned above.
The issue is with the format in the excel template, when you enter the line items, you do not follow the right way, so the data format cannot be recognized by the system.
In order to successfully upload the journal entry voucher into the system, follow the steps below:
- After you download the excel template, open it up, and you can see that, by default, there are two line items.
- There is an arrow at the end of the last column, and that arrow needs to be pulled down to add more line item with the same format.
In this way, you should be able to add line items properly to the excel.
KBA , upload journal entry voucher , action post not possible; , ne items do not balance , correct difference , upload excel , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To