- Upgrade management tool or UMT fails to migrate content from a live source to BI40 system while doing complete migration
- The content is migrated from XI 3.1 SP2 platform to BI40 SP04 platform
- UMT failure occurs with both Live source and BIAR file as source
- UMT fails while committing objects wherein this step never completes as shown below -
Step "Committing objects" started.
Committing 2847 objects. Committed:
47% com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InfoStoreException:A session with security context has to be provided in order
to perform Info Store operations
detail:A session with security context has to be provided in order to
perform Info Store operations
The server supplied the following details: Invalid batch id.
- The .csv log file generated by the UMT also shows errors towards the end of the log as below -
"2012-07-15T18:51:14.389+0000","System info","2","","","","","A session with security context has to be provided in order to perform Info Store operations
The server supplied the following details: Invalid batch id."
- The Server has adequate memory (RAM) and Temporary storage (/tmp) space.
- Increasing the UMT maximum heap size using -Xmx argument does not resolve the issue
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI40) Support Pack 4 (SP04)
All supported UNIX platforms
KBA , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.