You are trying to update your project scope, by adding or removing a specific question from scope. However, you are unable to select or deselect one or more scoping questions, because the checkbox is grayed out.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Proceed to the Questions step.
- Find the relevant question.
- The checkbox is disabled.
There are three main reasons why it is not possible to edit a specific scoping question:
- The status of the project is not Started - some questions and fine-tuning activities are not editable when the status of the project is different from Started (Merged, Activated, etc.);
- The question is marked as Protected under tab Dependency - The elements marked as Protected cannot be removed from scope after the system has gone live;
- There is a dependency of other elements on tab Dependency - Some elements can cause automatic selection or de-selection of other elements.
For each of the causes mentioned above, find the respective solution below:
- Project's scope is only editable when the status is Started. If this is not the case, please create a change project;
- Protected questions become unchangeable after the project's go-live. They are designed this way to avoid inconsistencies;
- Some elements may automatically cause the selection or deselection of others. Please check the elements mentioned in the Dependency tab and check for the possibility of selecting or deselecting them.
1922087 - How to Create a Change Project and Its Lifecycle
2584005 - Frequently Asked Questions on Business Configuration - Change Projects
Scoping question, Cannot edit, Protected, Change Project, Activity, Dependency: The element is selected and protected, , KBA , cannot edit , change project , checkbox greyed out , dependency: the element is selected and , protected , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To