- List of values not restricted.
- Parameter shows all the possible values, despite it should be filtered to only display the value for the specific users.
- In Crystal Reports, when refreshing a report based off an SAP BEx Query with a variable that uses BADI to filter the values, it prompts the user with an unfiltered list of values.
- When viewing the same BEx Query in BEx Analyzer, it displays a restricted list of values for the user that logged in.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Netweaver, create a BADI to filter a list of values based on the user.
- In BEx Query Designer, create a BEx Query and filter the data using one variable that use BADI.
- In SAP BEx Analyzer, view the BEx Query, and notice it restrict the List of Values for the variable based on the user.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the same BEx query.
- When refreshing the report in Crystal Reports, the parameter / variable, displays a list of all the values regardless of the user.
- BADI is not a supported functionality in Crystal Reports, and therefore this is why the list of values is not restricted.
- To restrict the values displayed for a variable, define the Characteristic Value Authorization, then the Authorization variable as indicated in the document: Characteristic Value Authorization.
- Note: Authorization variable will only be dynamic when viewed in BI LaunchPad, and not in Crystal Reports designer.
Crystal Reports creates a static list of values, but when the report is published to BI LaunchPad, it will be dynamic if the user uses the SAP Authentication to login to the SAP BI Platform.
CR, LOV , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016
|Characteristic Value Authorization BI 7.docx|