You create a new purchase order acknowledgment (POA) for a purchase order (PO). The acknowledged quantity or the delivery schedule differs from the original purchase order.
Upon clicking Accept Deviation, an output to supplier is triggered. You want to avoid such an output.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Purchase Requests and Orders.
- Go to the view Purchase Orders.
- Choose Show: Purchase Orders not yet (Fully) Acknowledged.
- Mark a purchase order and choose New PO Acknowledgment.
- Enter a deviation and press Accept Deviation.
- You have a confirmation message: Purchase order acknowledgment XYZ created for purchase order XYZ.
- Open the purchase order and choose View All.
- Go to the tab Output History.
- There is a new output: Changed Purchase Order XYZ.
This is the desired behavior of SAP Business ByDesign. Upon clicking the button Accept Deviation, the system automatically updates the PO with the changes. And at present, as soon as there is a PO change that is saved (via the POA or directly on the PO), an output is triggered.
KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To