The VAT amount calculated differs in two customer invoices created for the same product and the same customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to Invoice Documents view.
- Search for the Invoice documents ABC and DEF (ABC and DEF represents the ID of the Customer Invoices).
- Open both the invoices and Click the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab and select the Taxes subtab.
- VAT calculated differs in both the invoices though both invoices are created for the same product and the same customer.
- Under the VAT the Tax Base Amount also differs for both the invoices.
The difference in tax calculation occurred in the customer invoices because of the manually added Freight charges in the invoice ABC. You have manually added the Freight charges in the invoice ABC in Pricing tab. Freight is also included (whenever available) for the VAT/Tax calculation.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To