Silent install for Dashboard Design SP 04 Client tools is not working on Windows. Executable will come in the task manager "setupengine.exe" and goes away after few seconds.
- Dashboard Design SP 04
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the command prompt.
- Navigate to the installation directory.
- Run:> setup.exe –w silent.ini
Note: You can change the .ini filename to any name as per your requirement. Also you can change the location of the .ini file and provide a custom path e.g. “D:\Sillent.ini”. Make sure to include the double quotes.
- Once the setup comes up, select the installation language where the default is ‘English’, and click Next.
- Click ‘Next >’.
- Select ‘I Agree’ on License Agreement and click ‘Next >’.
- Specify the Destination Folder where you want to install the client.
- Enter User Information and "Product Keycode" and click 'Next >'.
- Select the Language Packs you want to install. Default selected is English. Click ‘Next >’.
- Select or Unselect the options as per your requirement.
- After selecting the components to install, you can verify the Disk Cost to verify if you have sufficient space to install the required clients.
- Click ‘Next >’ to continue.
- Click Finish to prepare the silent install script (.ini File).
- In the command prompt, run :> setup.exe /qn+ -r silent.ini to begin the install.
Note: /qn+ is used to prompt user that the installation is complete. If you do not wish to prompt the user that the install is complete, you can use /qn.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01663782
This issue is scheduled to be addressed in a future Service Pack for i.e. Dashboard Design 4.1
ADAPT, Silent, 01663782, DD SP 04, cannot install , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem